***QFTOS Re: Jerry Buss***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: ***QFTOS Re: Jerry Buss***

Isiah Thomas wrote:
R.I.P Dr. Buss you were a giant in the industry, and was always there to help and give advice. Your kindness and spirit will be missed!

Mark Cuban wrote:
RIP Jerry Buss. Your encouragement and support along with your stories of staying true to yourself had an enormous impact on me.

Kevin Love wrote:
Huge loss for the @nba and the basketball world. RIP Jerry Buss.

Oscar De La Hoya wrote:
Dr. Jerry buss, I will forever be grateful and appreciate all the support you gave me throughout my career. R.I.P.

Feel free to add more
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/02/18/twitter-reacts-lakers-buss-dies/

Here is a link about people tweeting about him.
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
My condolences to the Buss family, the Laker fans and to everyone at the NBA - we lost the best professional basketball owner ever today.

Quote:

Micky Arison ‏@MickyArison
Really sorry to hear about Dr. Buss. Jerry R.I.P. my friend
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Nick Van Exel wrote:
Rest in peace to the gr8est owner in all of sports. Dr.Jerry Buss. #NBA

Micky Arison wrote:
Really sorry to hear about Dr. Buss. Jerry R.I.P. my friend

Roland Lazenby wrote:
Condolences to the Buss and Lakers families on the passing of Dr. Jerry Buss, a man who changed much about the NBA.

Nick Young wrote:
RIP Dr. The Legend Jerry Buss, one of the reason growing up in a LA was great, what you did for the Lakers & the NBA Is legendary.

ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson
Quote:
My thoughts and prayers are with the family & friends of Dr. Jerry Buss. He was a great man and an incredible friend.

Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject:

how many quotes did you see about other teams saying the Lakers literally killed him with their bad play? I saw a lot of that when the first announcement came out earlier this week.
Wagyu Kobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject:

I've seen nothing but love.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Wagyu Kobe wrote:
I've seen nothing but love.

Yeah the outpouring of support has been huge today. He's even trending worldwide... Yeah I said, worldwide.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dwight Howard ‏@DwightHoward
I want to share my condolences with the Buss Family as well as my teammates and the Laker family. I had the (cont) http://tl.gd/l36hu6

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject:

@derekfisher

Quote:
Today the world lost a visionary and one of the most successful sports figures of all time. But today I lost a friend and mentor.

Quote:
He forever changed my life. May he rest in peace and my prayers are with his family that he loved so much. #RIPDrBuss

Last edited by 32 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
DerekFisher ‏@derekfisher
Today the world lost a visionary and one of the most successful sports figures of all time. But today I lost a friend and mentor.

Quote:
DerekFisher ‏@derekfisher
He forever changed my life. May he rest in peace and my prayers are with his family that he loved so much. #RIPDrBuss

purple-gold-silver-black
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject:

i'm waiting for that duchebag dan gilbert's tweet
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject:

David Stern wrote:
The NBA has lost a visionary owner whose influence on our league is incalculable and will be felt for decades to come. More importantly, we have lost a dear and valued friend. Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@dennisrodman

My thoughts and prayers are with the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss was like a Dad to me and is a tremendous loss to @Lakers fam. @JeanieBuss

Quote:
@flea333

wow. thank you dr. jerry buss for all you have done to uplift los angeles, and give me untold joy. rest in peace

Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I remember when Boston lost Red. We had a tribute thread for our respected foe. I wonder if they have done anything like that for Dr. Buss on their forums.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
I remember when Boston lost Red. We had a tribute thread for our respected foe. I wonder if they have done anything like that for Dr. Buss on their forums.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=62960.0
Wagyu Kobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Legacy wrote:

They even called out the one guy that made a comment about Buss dating young'ns. Very nice.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Wagyu Kobe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Legacy wrote:

They even called out the one guy that made a comment about Buss dating young'ns. Very nice.

That is a feather in his cap to me, dont see why anyone would really find taht offensive
Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Kareem wrote this on his Facebook page:

Quote:
When someone as celebrated and charismatic as Jerry Buss dies, we are reminded of two things. First, just how much one person with vision and strength of will can accomplish. Second, how fragile each of us is, regardless of how powerful we were. Those two things combine to inspire us to reach for the stars, but also to remain with our feet firmly on the ground among our loved ones. Dr. Buss embodied that compassionate entrepreneurial spirit. He strove to reach greater heights without forgetting his community roots. During his stewardship, the Lakers exemplified his personal standards of excellence and became one of the dominant teams in the NBA and a force of good within the community. The man may be gone, but he has made us all better people for knowing him. --- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobewood wrote:
Kareem wrote this on his Facebook page:

Quote:
When someone as celebrated and charismatic as Jerry Buss dies, we are reminded of two things. First, just how much one person with vision and strength of will can accomplish. Second, how fragile each of us is, regardless of how powerful we were. Those two things combine to inspire us to reach for the stars, but also to remain with our feet firmly on the ground among our loved ones. Dr. Buss embodied that compassionate entrepreneurial spirit. He strove to reach greater heights without forgetting his community roots. During his stewardship, the Lakers exemplified his personal standards of excellence and became one of the dominant teams in the NBA and a force of good within the community. The man may be gone, but he has made us all better people for knowing him. --- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
@derekfisher

Quote:

Quote:

I don't care what anyone says, I need Derek Fisher to be part of my Laker organization somewhere.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject:

KAJ as always with the most insight.

Mr.Class.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject:

@GaryPayton_20

Quote:
Thoughts and prayers to Jerry Buss's family & friends….great man, great leader, born winner

@cedceballos

Quote:
Great friend, Boss and winner Dr. Jerry Buss iWill miss u, rest now....thanks 4 all u have done 4 me n my family

magical.lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Legacy wrote:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1234332
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Former Lakers GM Jerry West released a statement through the Warriors on Jerry Buss' passing

“This is an extremely sad day for me," said West, who's on the Warriors' executive board. "As I have said many times, I have been blessed to work for Jerry Buss, the most successful owner in basketball history. His incredible commitment and desire to build a championship-caliber team that could sustain success over a long period of time has been unmatched. With all of his achievements, Jerry was without a doubt one of the most humble men I’ve ever been around. His vision was second to none; he wanted an NBA franchise brand that represented the very best and went to every extreme to accomplish his goals. His achievements as an owner are legendary and will never be duplicated: 10 NBA titles and 16 trips to the NBA Finals. Jerry was an innovator in the sports world and many sports franchises have tried to follow his recipe for success and his vision of making NBA basketball as much about sports as entertainment."

“Our relationship has always been very unique; Jerry was always supportive of the many tough decisions that were made during our time together. I will particularly remember fondly our walks together during training camps, which were some of the highlights of my time working with him and the Lakers."

“I was blessed to have the opportunity to work for him and I will miss him dearly. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Buss family and the Lakers organization. We lost a great man today and a legend in our business.”

LINK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: