Official D12, D-Will and other Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread (Pg 1063: D12 will opt in and stay with Orlando for one more year)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1071, 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
td_18
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The New Jersey Nets are telling teams that they absolutely, positively will not move Deron Williams before Thursday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline even if Dwight Howard goes through with his stated intention to lock himself into the 2012-13 season of his current contract with the Orlando Magic.

Sources with knowledge of New Jersey’s thinking told ESPN.com on Thursday morning that the Nets’ position won’t change even if the Los Angeles Lakers offer them Pau Gasol in a package for Williams before the deadline.

The Lakers are known to want an elite point guard if they’re going to part with Gasol … and the fact that Orlando will apparently not be trading Howard theoretically gives L.A. an opening to make an 11th-hour run at Williams.

But sources said that the Lakers actually offered Gasol to the Nets in December for Williams and were rejected.

The Lakers will get the same answer if a Gasol-centric offer for D-Will comes in before the trade buzzer, according to the sources.

The Nets remain active leading up to the deadline, but their apparent plan is to continue to stockpile salary-cap space and draft picks to try to have as many trade assets as possible in June to make another trade run at Howard or another star in conjunction with the draft … before D-Will can opt out and become a free agent July 1.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject:

The Nets are stupid. Deron is headed to Dallas in the offseason and they will end up with nothing.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

offer bynum. maybe we can get humphries/lopez in return and get rid of some bad contracts.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
screwhead728
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Quote:
Christian Bruey ‏ @cbruey

Magic media room is ready for a press conf. with 5 microphones. Amway people were told to have room ready by noon.

Don't know how reliable this is, but from this on twitter and realgm magic forum.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
55 wrote:
screwhead728 wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Quote:
Marc Stein: Sources say Lakers already DID offer Gasol-centric package for D-Will in December and Nets turned it down.

Offer it again Mitch!!

Keep offering till they get tired of it and accept?

Wear them out.... :p

I don't know, I keep offering to sleep with the hot blond next door and instead of her getting tired and accept, all I got was a restraining order
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject:

screwhead728 wrote:
Quote:
Christian Bruey ‏ @cbruey

Magic media room is ready for a press conf. with 5 microphones. Amway people were told to have room ready by noon.

Don't know how reliable this is, but from this on twitter and realgm magic forum.

Yeah. I think he is expected to opt in for 2012-13.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject:

LakersFanMD wrote:
It's not happening.
Quote:

Marc Stein

Two sources w/knowledge of Nets' thinking say Nets would reject Gasol-for-DWill offer IF Lakers make that pitch before 3 PM trade deadline

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/180318771905445888

I honestly don't see why NJ would have any interest in Gasol. If Deron leaves than they will just blow it up. Now other assets that Gasol may bring in a 3-way, maybe.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg734/scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=1aooms.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

magic press room
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject:

Andrew Evenstar wrote:
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg734/scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=1aooms.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

magic press room

That's a picture....
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Mark Heisler: OK, HOW ABOUT CP3 THREE-WAY FOR DWILL: That's Pau to Houston, Scola-Martin (or Lowry) to Nets, DWill to Lakes.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Retired Number
Retired Number

Sam Amico:

Quote:
NBA GM No. 1: "I'm through done dealing with (Celtics') Danny Ainge. Bleep him."

JerryMaguire
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Several teams inquiring on Charlotte point guard D.J. Augustine, league sources say. Bobcats are listening.

DJ Augustin anyone?

Give me him over Sessions all day. DO IT MITCH.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject:

Scott Howard-Cooper:

Quote:
Clippers standing pat barring late change. They feel Bledsoe will have more value when teams need a PG in the draft and find there is none.

matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sam Amico: NBA GM No. 2: "Love how writers and fans act like they know what's going on at trade deadline when GMs don't even tell each other anything."

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Sam Amico:

Quote:
NBA GM No. 1: "I'm through done dealing with (Celtics') Danny Ainge. Bleep him."

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LakersFanMD wrote:
It's not happening.
Quote:

Marc Stein

Two sources w/knowledge of Nets' thinking say Nets would reject Gasol-for-DWill offer IF Lakers make that pitch before 3 PM trade deadline

I honestly don't see why NJ would have any interest in Gasol. If Deron leaves than they will just blow it up. Now other assets that Gasol may bring in a 3-way, maybe.
and this is where i have to say why most Gm's lose and the lakers win.

let me explain this again to you guys.

the reason if you're the nets you do th gasol deal. is because.

it gives you twin towers. you see how well its working for the lakers. they would be the only other team in the nba to have that same twin tower combo. actually they would be the only team with it since gasol wouldnt be a laker anymore. a healthy lopez, and gasol, are able to beat up on the eastern conf a conf with no bigs aside from dwight that are on a superstar level.

the nets wont get a dwade sg, and a lebron SF. so they will never beat the heat at their own game. the best way to beat them is to defeat them with their weakness. and thats the lack of bigs in the post. bosh cant guard gasol or lopez. neither can anthony. you get Jamal crawford or someone like that at SG. try to find yourself a defensive minded SF, that can hit an open 3(batum). and all of a sudden the nets starting 5 even without dwill, are able to beat the heat. and able to beat the knicks, and able to beat the bulls. and able to beat the pacers.

thats why you do that deal. now if you still want to play that "lets get younger and get draft picks" game. go right ahead. you may get lucky. or you may just suck for another 5 years. just like you have been since jkidd and kmart left town.

push comes to shove. you get rid of lopez for devin harris(i know they already had him. but he was hurt and played with lesser players then gasol when in nj the first time). you get harris and some good bench guys.

either way with gasol they have more options then they have trying to go the usual lets wait it out with dwill and if he leaves lets try to sign stars that dont want to be here. and if that doesnt work lets just suck and get more picks until we get lucky.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject:

Chris Tomasson:

Quote:
Source says Hornets working hard to trade Chris Kaman hopefully to East team. Miami waiting in wings to see if he ends up getting bought out

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Sam Amico:

Quote:

Danny Boy is real slimy. Time and time again he's lied to players rather than level with them, and with GMs he reportedly asks outrageous prices for his players. My guess is that he said something to get a deal going and then recanted after it heated up.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject:

Sources: Nets wouldn't do Gasol-for-D-Will
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/38854/sources-nets-would-say-no-to-gasol-for-d-will
lotc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Chris Tomasson:

Quote:
Source says Hornets working hard to trade Chris Kaman hopefully to East team. Miami waiting in wings to see if he ends up getting bought out

of course it all makes sense now. Stern denies the Lakers Cp3, get Kaman from the clipps and now he gets bought out and some how Miami gets their big man.
endrity
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject:

^ An aging Gasol and extremely disappointing Lopez are hardly anything to be afraid of. Especially when there is no Kobe in the backcourt.

If you are the Nets, all Gasol provides is that dreaded position of good enough to sneek in the playoffs, not good enough to contend, not bad enough to rebuild through the draft. That's the worst position to be as NBA team.

If they can't take something major for Deron, they'd rather get top 5 picks for 2-3 years and rebuild through that like OKC and Minny have done.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Chris Tomasson:

Quote:

Speaking of Danny Boy, I'd throw together a package of two finished players (O'Neal, Wilcox) with a decent younger player (Bass).
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakersFanMD wrote:
It's not happening.
Quote:

Marc Stein

and this is where i have to say why most Gm's lose and the lakers win.

let me explain this again to you guys.

the reason if you're the nets you do th gasol deal. is because.

it gives you twin towers. you see how well its working for the lakers. they would be the only other team in the nba to have that same twin tower combo. actually they would be the only team with it since gasol wouldnt be a laker anymore. a healthy lopez, and gasol, are able to beat up on the eastern conf a conf with no bigs aside from dwight that are on a superstar level.

the nets wont get a dwade sg, and a lebron SF. so they will never beat the heat at their own game. the best way to beat them is to defeat them with their weakness. and thats the lack of bigs in the post. bosh cant guard gasol or lopez. neither can anthony. you get Jamal crawford or someone like that at SG. try to find yourself a defensive minded SF, that can hit an open 3(batum). and all of a sudden the nets starting 5 even without dwill, are able to beat the heat. and able to beat the knicks, and able to beat the bulls. and able to beat the pacers.

thats why you do that deal. now if you still want to play that "lets get younger and get draft picks" game. go right ahead. you may get lucky. or you may just suck for another 5 years. just like you have been since jkidd and kmart left town.

push comes to shove. you get rid of lopez for devin harris(i know they already had him. but he was hurt and played with lesser players then gasol when in nj the first time). you get harris and some good bench guys.

either way with gasol they have more options then they have trying to go the usual lets wait it out with dwill and if he leaves lets try to sign stars that dont want to be here. and if that doesnt work lets just suck and get more picks until we get lucky.

We've never won with a Gasol/Bynum front court, so what makes you think Gasol/Lopez will?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LakersFanMD wrote:
It's not happening.
Quote:

Marc Stein

I don't see why they wouldn't want Gasol. Gasol can play center and PF. He'd be a good piece to man the fort with all the young talent. It'd be like a young Magic playing with Kareem. Brook Lopez has shown potential but still needs some time to develop and get healthy.
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS:
Dwight Howard has confirmed that he will opt-in for the 12-13 season in an exclusive interview with RealGM's Jarrod Rudolph.

Howard will formally sign the paperwork in the morning on Thursday.

"My soul, everything I have is in Orlando. I just can't leave it behind."

Over the course of Wednesday, Howard appeared to be indecisive on his wishes for the 12-13 season in the face of a possible trade from the Magic. The organization informed Howard they would seek a trade if he couldn't give them an assurance of his desire to remain beyond the current season.

"I have gotten some bad advice," said Howard. "I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city. They didn't deserve none of this."

Via Jarrod Rudolph/RealGM

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219756/Dwight_Howard_Confirms_Hell_Sign_Opt_In_Thursday_Morning#ixzz1pCeSMdtL
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1071, 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075  Next
Page 1072 of 1075
Jump to: