GameFlow - Mar. 1 - Wasted Energy

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: GameFlow - Mar. 1 - Wasted Energy

LA Lakers 93 Portland 99

GameFlow
BoxScore

Down by 14 going into the 4th quarter, the Lakers went on runs of 11-2 and 13-6 and trailed by only 3 with 1:39 to play. They got it down to 3 a couple more times, but no closer. That's problem when playing catchup. You often run out of energy, or luck, or both. A 26-11 run in the 2nd quarter by the Blazers gave them the lead for good. Even with Kobe Bryant's 19 point 3rd, the Laker deficit grew by 7 more.

In the 4th, Luke Walton was the spark off the bench scoring 5 points with 3 assists, a rebound, and a steal. Brian Cook scored 8, Smush Parker 7, and Lamar Odom had 6, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal. But these late game heroics came up a little short.

When you allow team averaging 88.8 ppg to score 99, then you are doing something wrong on defense. Getting outrebounded by 8 didn't help either. And it is ironic that this night they chose to shoot 23 of 26 (88.5%) from the free throw line.

Kobe finished with 35 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists. Lamar had 16 and 8 rebounds. Smush 14 and 6. And Brian Cook scored 10. Not much from the bench tonight, except for Luke late in the game.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers didn't had any rest at all to prepare for this game, I don't know if I should give the blame on that. The Lakers looked like they run out of gas, or maybe that's just an excuse.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers didn't show many signs of fatique during the closing minutes. The 3rd quarter was a killer with no energy that forced PJ to call TOs to get into people's faces.

Sad when Cookie, a dependable scorer, is getting lost on defense that was allowing uncontested shots.

Sad when Smush just seem to get it that he has to contest EVERY SHOT. He doesn't need to "coast" at ANY TIME.

This loss was deflating. The odd thing is that the Lakers seem to play much better (not win) against elite teams, like the ones they will be facing - Pistons & Spurs
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

it's a one and a half hour flight to portland, on a private jet. Please, let's not pretend that had anything to do with it. The team doesn't have enough heart to play without talent, nor enough talent to play without heart.

As far as I am concerned, the playoff hunt ended tonight.
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject:

My bad, I was actually working when the Lakers started playing so I didn't know what the situation was. And I really had no idea they have a game tonight! I was a little suprised...If I knew I would've went home earlier. Good thing I didn't though.
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Wasted energy?? You must have energy first before you can waste it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: