What changes or improvements would you like to see on LakersGround?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject:

embedded pictures/video
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Forget the embedded pictures/video. Why would you want the pages to take longer to load?

Get rid of the pointless gif avatars and everything else will be good.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Tapatalk addon- Gives you BB, iPhone and Droid app support.
All Net
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I would really like to see the board upgraded to a more up to date system like ezboard but saying that it's the people that make this board so great not the type of board it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject:

FIX THE SEARCH FUNCTION
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject:

Megatron24 wrote:
Lakersground app on the Iphone

Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject:

mga911 wrote:
Less Sticky Threads. Anybody else with me or am I alone on this?

I agree. There are so many stickies that it defeats the purpose of a sticky function. I always miss things that are stickied because there's just so many of them that I skip over them.
La La Fan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Long time lurker here. Not sure if this thread is still being monitored, but here is my suggestion...

Long threads that persist over several days are difficult to monitor and navigate. Finding new posts since my last visit sometimes takes multiple page loads and a good deal of scrolling.

Beneath each link on the main index pages and at the top and bottom of every thread page are links in the form

Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4

How about replacing those links with something like:

Goto page: Aug 17: 1, 2, 3 Aug 18: 3, 4 Aug 19: 4, 5, 6
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject:

La La Fan wrote:
Long time lurker here. Not sure if this thread is still being monitored, but here is my suggestion...

Long threads that persist over several days are difficult to monitor and navigate. Finding new posts since my last visit sometimes takes multiple page loads and a good deal of scrolling.

Beneath each link on the main index pages and at the top and bottom of every thread page are links in the form

Why not "go to first interesting post"?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see a decision made on posting photos and video.

As I see it, either it should be a sitewide function for everyone - or at least the majority of people who have spent more than a week or two here and made several dozen posts.

But this thing where a couple of staff get to do so while no one else can (regardless of tenure or contribution) strikes me as BS and elitist. You either allow such functionality for the community as a whole, or you don't use it at all - not even as mods.

You either run a site where the message is community and people have the same access and ability, or the alternative is a place of arrogant douchebaggery by a handful of participants who openly thumb their noses at the very people they hope to engage.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

As I see it, either it should be a sitewide function for everyone - or at least the majority of people who have spent more than a week or two here and made several dozen posts.

But this thing where a couple of staff get to do so while no one else can (regardless of tenure or contribution) strikes me as BS and elitist. You either allow such functionality for the community as a whole, or you don't use it at all - not even as mods.

You either run a site where the message is community and people have the same access and ability, or the alternative is a place of arrogant douchebaggery by a handful of participants who openly thumb their noses at the very people they hope to engage.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Elitist? Like a club with three members?

Seriously, I don't think its elitist at all. THe decision was not to have it, and I am glad of that. Too much clutter. A mod or two doing it every great once in a while as a joke is just that. When I hit 25k posts, one of the mods banned me for a couple hours. Just a joke. Not an abuse or anything nefarious. Same with this.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

I like that not everyone can post pictures, as long as I am one of the people who can.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
La La Fan wrote:

Why not "go to first interesting post"?

Because then there'd be no LG to monitor.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
or the alternative is a place of arrogant douchebaggery by a handful of participants who openly thumb their noses at the very people they hope to engage.

I see no evidence of this among the fine staff here on LG.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject:

Seriously, though, I lean toward not having them. I think it's something that makes the site more unique and images often don't seem to add useful content...unless it's someone like Wilt breaking down the tri. Or zev trying to show new site design.

If we did open it up to everyone...I would favor it to be in just one section of the site if possible.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Seriously, though, I lean toward not having them. I think it's something that makes the site more unique and images often don't seem to add useful content...unless it's someone like Wilt breaking down the tri. Or zev trying to show new site design.

If we did open it up to everyone...I would favor it to be in just one section of the site if possible.

Or just for encina1
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I hate basketball/sports discussion sites which are loaded with pictures like the one's just posted above.

People use them as responses ... and it's funny sometimes but often over done.

Case and point - C.S.B - You'll have people using that same picture response again and again and again. It makes the thread harder to read even.

I love the current version of LG. Hope it stays consistent. Zev's hard work is definitely appreciated.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject:

^ I agree. It can be funny, but sometimes over done.

How about compromising and limit the size of the picture? Something small enough to see but not big enough to draw attention away from the thread.

It might also save time by not having to click on links.
Just a suggestion, but I'm happy with the way things are now.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
or the alternative is a place of arrogant douchebaggery by a handful of participants who openly thumb their noses at the very people they hope to engage.

I didn't say they did. My point is the air of such an environment could come from limiting the ability to those who can post pictures to a hand full of mods.

Not exactly encouraging a community spirit.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Elitist? Like a club with three members? .

Yeah, but the only privilege to that was bugging a guy who is no longer with us.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I didn't say they did. My point is the air of such an environment could come from limiting the ability to those who can post pictures to a hand full of mods.

I was actually laughing at the fact that several of those who have image privileges posted arrogant douchebag comments in response to your post.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I was actually laughing at the fact that several of those who have image privileges posted arrogant douchebag comments in response to your post.

I didn't take it that way at all, regardless of how it appeared or possible intent. I'm just DaMule. we mules are used to being kicked.

I like all of those guys (even though some of them don't give me the time of day other than those comments ). I just took it as the same kind of good natured ribbing that I engage in with guys like my fellow stooges and the PDTP crowd.

And despite my poorly worded post, I actually have no problem with the mods here - even the ones who post photos.

I was just saying that photos would be a cool option to have, and if there are going to be photos, it would be better if everyone, or at least a wider proportion of the community than a handful, had the option. Or if it's not going to be an option (which I totally undertsand) then make that a blanket policy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: