LeBron James will announce decision on his free agency Thursday at 9pm EST on ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject:

How is this BREAKING NEWS? Is it now BREAKING NEWS when a player announces WHEN he is going to give his actual BREAKING NEWS?
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lebron loves his attention

activeverb wrote:
Kobetide wrote:
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that there is a possibility LeBron James could sign a two-year deal with the Cavaliers this offseason.

Doing so would allow James to hit the market again in the summer of 2012 while still pledging his loyalty to Cleveland.

"Team executive hears that if LeBron re-signs with Cavs he might ink 2-yr deal and go through this madness again in 2012. Never know," Isola wrote on his Twitter page.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/#ixzz0sxTWmxyM

I disagree with you. I don't think he would do this for the attention. He'd do this because he decided to stay in Cleveland, but understandably is worried about the franchise's future so he doesn't want to tie himself down for the long term. I could see why he would want to keep his options open.

OMG! You are such a syncophant
Nudizl_Forshizl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lebron loves his attention

activeverb wrote:
Kobetide wrote:
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that there is a possibility LeBron James could sign a two-year deal with the Cavaliers this offseason.

Doing so would allow James to hit the market again in the summer of 2012 while still pledging his loyalty to Cleveland.

"Team executive hears that if LeBron re-signs with Cavs he might ink 2-yr deal and go through this madness again in 2012. Never know," Isola wrote on his Twitter page.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/#ixzz0sxTWmxyM

I disagree with you. I don't think he would do this for the attention. He'd do this because he decided to stay in Cleveland, but understandably is worried about the franchise's future so he doesn't want to tie himself down for the long term. I could see why he would want to keep his options open.

And risk a tiny new max salary under the new CBA? Highly dubious.
andrewsx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lebron loves his attention

activeverb wrote:
Kobetide wrote:

If he wants to win he would sign with the Bulls, if he signs with Cleveland his mind was made up long ago he's just using FA to advertise himself. He's just dragging this out for his own profit.
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject:

[quote="ArminNBA"]How is this BREAKING NEWS? Is it now BREAKING NEWS when a player announces WHEN he is going to give his actual BREAKING NEWS?[/quote

Bite your tongue! This isn't just any player. It's the KING!
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject:

A reporter out of Cleveland named Brian Windhorst said that ESPN had been in talks with LeBron about filming his entire free agency search, but it got killed when the Celtics beat them.

This is getting really pathetic.
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject:

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just broke a nail.
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Tris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject:

He should announce it through Pay-per-view.

This drama is bigger than movies.
Tris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject:

kontrast wrote:
It would be hilarious. if the team didn't know either until watching the special. They could have reaction shots from all of them...like an Oscars award presentation.

Each teams probably have Lebron jersey and cap made. The losers will have to donate those jersey and hats to 3rd world country.
sonimala
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject:

If this is true, I don't think his manager would allow him. The risk of injury is just to hard to predict.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Someone needs to dunk on him so Nike can just stop the EPSN footage.
akola
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I hope it's like the Oscars and Lebron does a "and the nominees are....".
sparky6r
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
A reporter out of Cleveland named Brian Windhorst said that ESPN had been in talks with LeBron about filming his entire free agency search, but it got killed when the Celtics beat them.

This is getting really pathetic.

I heard that this is basically what Bosh is doing on ESPN the other day.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Here's what I don't get - as a big man (Bosh, Boozer, Amare) why would you prefer to play with LBJ over Wade? Wade will make your life easier and get you points in the paint. LBJ will make your life harder and force you out of the paint to score. Look how hard it was for Jamison to find an area to work offensively and he is as good offensively as those guys. I'm not really worried about where LBJ goes. Until he gives up the ball and gets into the post his teams will suffer in the playoffs.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject:

please,please,please let this be true!

!...
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS:

Lebron will announce his decision on Summer 2010.

Does Lebron seriously need to do this?
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Sky wrote:
This is probably Maverick Carter's brainchild. So Bron's posse steers him back to Cleveland so that the posse gets more money, power and cache. They feed him the 30M difference by staying home lie. And James buys it.

LeDouche James, the first uberstar to be posse whipped.

Coach Wooden
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Hope you die Lebron!
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Well, that news - along with everything else this week - should erase any doubt anyone still had that LJ's FA status is more about his personal ego and brand promotion than a search for the right job as a ballplayer, with the best chance to win titles.

That's one big ego in a man-child.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject:

JTS1 wrote:
OH EMM EFF'G GEE!!

there is no way in H _at_ LL i will watch this. :GAG:

this is the ultimate in douchebaggyness.

we might as well come up w/every single reality tv, soup opera, cliff hanger cliche known in the history of western civiliation to sum up the build up of this.

the pope analogy is by far the best though.

no one will ever persuade me to root for this person in any way, shape or form. who ever wants this guy, i hope your team is signing for max years and you fall into utter mediocrity while pandering to this 'king'.

After all the build up, Lebron will come out to the podium and sit down. ESPN will then cut to a 10 minute commercial break.
someolddude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Man, where's a microfracture injury when you need it. Course, we'd probably be subjected to a televised procedure. "Will the ACL be partially or fully torn... tune it on July 10th @ 3pm to find out."

In all seriousness, there was a time when I didn't mind Lebron that much, even though he was proclaimed "the greatest" before ever accomplishing much. Now, I'm positive I'm going to enjoy watching this guy lose on a yearly basis.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Cool.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject:

What an attention whore...

I'm going to laugh if he stays in Cleveland.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What an attention whore...

I'm going to laugh if he stays in Cleveland.

I bet 20 bucks he is gonna stay in Cleveland, the writing is on the wall, he is going NO WHERE

WOW such a fuss for a guy that had a great team built around him and couldn't get out of the 2nd round. I thought that great players make those around him better..but apparently LeBron can't do that so why does the damn media keep on kissing his behind
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject:

It's not impossible he signs elsewhere, but I'm with the rest of the thread. Lebron stays in Cleveland. I'm just glad this circus is ending this week and didn't drag out to the start of training camp.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21
Jump to: