LeBron James will announce decision on his free agency Thursday at 9pm EST on ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject:

arrogance of this guy is off the charts. it's truly amazing. he has surpassed MJ, Deon Sanders, Barry Bonds, Jeremy Shockey, TO, Ocho Cinco and every other narcissistic self-promoting athlete in the history of sports.

I have ONE question....what if Kobe pulled this stunt? Even "now" after having won his 5th title...he would be bludgeoned in the media...daily!

I'm calling the shot right now. This is going to backfire on the court jester that is LeChoke. Kobe will win MVP next year and it will be partly because media will feel stupid he has only one and what will historians and public opinion think of the so called writers/experts who vote on this award. The other reason will be the media will want to put LJ in his "place" for this silliness...we know how the media likes to chastise.

Book it. Bean comes out playing like he started off last season, it's Kobe's to lose. Watch the tide turn...it's already started especially in major papers, MSNBC and Yahoo they are calling LJ out and giving Kobe major love. And it will serve the jester right.

His delusional belief that all bow to him and his whims is going to backfire in a major way.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Someone posted this on the Cavs forums

Quote:
Dramatic season finale of The LeBachelor

Thursday at 9:00 on ESPN...

FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject:

kontrast wrote:
Iconic24 wrote:
Wow, is it possible to be any more of an attention whore?

For the record, part of the advertisement proceeds are going to the Boys and Girls Club. So its for a good cause.

Publicity Laundering at its finest.
fsc401
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject:

It's told that Lebron will have five headbands infront of him, each representing their respective teams(prob Heat,Cavs,Nets,NY,Bulls)

Then Lebron will pick one of those headbands, which will indicate which
team he is going.
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject:

I hear it's going to be a raffle and a raffle ticket will cost you $1 billion dollars.
Cqc_NastyN8
Star Player
Star Player

wow...(bleep) this guy.. so annoying

"If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success"
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

Vandal08 wrote:
arrogance of this guy is off the charts. it's truly amazing. he has surpassed MJ, Deon Sanders, Barry Bonds, Jeremy Shockey, TO, Ocho Cinco and every other narcissistic self-promoting athlete in the history of sports.

I have ONE question....what if Kobe pulled this stunt? Even "now" after having won his 5th title...he would be bludgeoned in the media...daily!

I'm calling the shot right now. This is going to backfire on the court jester that is LeChoke. Kobe will win MVP next year and it will be partly because media will feel stupid he has only one and what will historians and public opinion think of the so called writers/experts who vote on this award. The other reason will be the media will want to put LJ in his "place" for this silliness...we know how the media likes to chastise.

Book it. Bean comes out playing like he started off last season, it's Kobe's to lose. Watch the tide turn...it's already started especially in major papers, MSNBC and Yahoo they are calling LJ out and giving Kobe major love. And it will serve the jester right.

His delusional belief that all bow to him and his whims is going to backfire in a major way.

Of course since Lebron is the darling of the media, they are cozying up to him now. Notice how on ESPN they are promoting this behavior since it benefits their network.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

fsc401 wrote:
It's told that Lebron will have five headbands infront of him, each representing their respective teams(prob Heat,Cavs,Nets,NY,Bulls)

team he is going.

If white smoke rises from the top of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he's staying. Black smoke indicates that all hope is lost.
bryantest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject:

According to BSPN.

IT will be an one-hour ESPN special...

and proceeds derived from ad revenue will be given to Boy and Girl Scouts of America
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Just when you thought u had seen and heard it all!!!!!
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject:

This is probably Maverick Carter's brainchild. So Bron's posse steers him back to Cleveland so that the posse gets more money, power and cache. They feed him the 30M difference by staying home lie. And James buys it.

LeDouche James, the first uberstar to be posse whipped.
rowemoore
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing Bosh agreed to come to the mistake by the lake.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject:

At least a couple of people at ESPN recognize the doucheyness of all this:

Quote:
@CSheridanESPN Curious how they'll make this announcement last a whole hour. ESPN: Enabling Some Peculiar Narcissism.

Quote:
@ESPNVerrier I know LeBron never officially did the whole "college night" thing, but he really doesn't have other plans at 9 p.m. on a Thursday night?

Quote:
@ESPNVerrier In other news, we all signed up for his Web site for nothing.

Quote:
@jadande RT @IraHeatBeat: So will Bosh and Wade pop out from behind curtains, in sort of This is Our Life ESPN special? Wade signs on ESPN2?
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject:

fsc401 wrote:

team he is going.

What if he messes up and chooses the wrong one by mistake
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I may actually watch this.

We are in the final days...
braid
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) LeBitch
John Dunbar
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Exick
Great pope nomination reference!!!
kontrast
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
fsc401 wrote:

team he is going.

What if he messes up and chooses the wrong one by mistake

#1 YouTube video of all time.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
fsc401 wrote:

team he is going.

If white smoke rises from the top of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he's staying. Black smoke indicates that all hope is lost.

LOL

!...
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I swear to God, for a good 10 minutes this morning I was thinking, "Ledouche goes on TV to announce his decision and has sponsors buy TV time for advertising."

I AM MISS FREAGGIN' CLEO!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH LAJDSLAFKJSDJAFASF
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I don't see him throwing a one hour special just to say F u to the Cavs... The faster Lebron gets rid of his inner circle the better his career. Carter and Wes were the prime instigators of FA drama with their constant power struggles between them were Wes was ultimately ousted out of the circle and leaking of information. Just a punch of kids, who are more interested in power of money. There's a reason why Carter was pushing for Knicks and not the Bulls, because a an organization like the Bulls weren't willing to bend over and give special privileges to Lebron's posse and frankly a player should never be above the team.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject:

OH EMM EFF'G GEE!!

there is no way in H -at- LL i will watch this. :GAG:

this is the ultimate in douchebaggyness.

we might as well come up w/every single reality tv, soup opera, cliff hanger cliche known in the history of western civiliation to sum up the build up of this.

the pope analogy is by far the best though.

no one will ever persuade me to root for this person in any way, shape or form. who ever wants this guy, i hope your team is signing for max years and you fall into utter mediocrity while pandering to this 'king'.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Lebron loves his attention

Kobetide wrote:
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that there is a possibility LeBron James could sign a two-year deal with the Cavaliers this offseason.

Doing so would allow James to hit the market again in the summer of 2012 while still pledging his loyalty to Cleveland.

"Team executive hears that if LeBron re-signs with Cavs he might ink 2-yr deal and go through this madness again in 2012. Never know," Isola wrote on his Twitter page.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/#ixzz0sxTWmxyM

I disagree with you. I don't think he would do this for the attention. He'd do this because he decided to stay in Cleveland, but understandably is worried about the franchise's future so he doesn't want to tie himself down for the long term. I could see why he would want to keep his options open.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
While we're at it let's have a decision lottery for LeBron. 6 ping pong balls will bounce around until fate bumbles its way out of the machine and into LeBron's hands.

Yeah they should do it in Seacaucus, NJ and have the owners of the Cavs, Bulls, Nets, Knicks, and Heat all have to sit next to each other in awkward silence while LeBron pulls his preferred destination out of sealed envelope.
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:

If you got to hoopshype.com and read some of the NBA media twitters a lot of them think that the hour special is a joke.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21
Jump to: