General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject:

It looks good now... but will Floyd figure out a way to kill the fight!
cuz Mayweather and Manny agreed to fight and that didnt work out so well!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if this fight happens then this pretty much kills all the Mayweather was ducking Manny accusations
Mosely is clearly a more difficult matchup

You have to remember, Manny fans were just trying to cover up his (bleep) ass attempt at trying to hide from the Oly-testing. Real boxing fans knew the deal. Manny fans are simply blinded by their love and loyalty to the dude and will believe anything that comes out of his camp.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
if this fight happens then this pretty much kills all the Mayweather was ducking Manny accusations

You have to remember, Manny fans were just trying to cover up his (bleep) ass attempt at trying to hide from the Oly-testing. Real boxing fans knew the deal. Manny fans are simply blinded by their love and loyalty to the dude and will believe anything that comes out of his camp.

quack quack....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject:

El Daddy702 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

not only does it kill those accusations, but it also makes manny look bad, because Mosely agreed to random blood tests before the fight. not only that, but manny is fighting Clottey, which to the casual fight fan is a no namer.

Floyd is fighting a big name fighter. Manny, not so much.

WHOA, don't you go jumping to conclusions there. We are dealing with Excuse Boy who hasn't fought a legit fighter @ 147. I am not convince yet with him fighting mosely, 1st they have to sign the contract and then see if he doesn't find a way out of signing, and if he does signed, still not convinced until he steps in the ring with Mosely
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Mayweather is fighting the guy Manny ducked.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

quack quack....

clottey-clottey....
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Will PBF MAN UP and fight Sugar Shane Mosely??

XTN wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAw7xJ-fKk

Andre Berto Cancels His Fight With Mosley After Earthquake In Haiti.

Sugar Shane has owned and been calling out Mayweather in the media lately and since PBF pussed out of the Pacquiao fight. Sugar Shane is available for a fight. Come on Floyd MAN UP and give us hard core boxing fans some excitement to give us the fights we want to see.
Owned?

A real hardcore fan would know Mayweather called out Mosley and DLH 5 years ago when he was at 135. You forgot Mosley wanted to spend time with his family and needed to visit the dentist?

PBF pussed out? Who rejected the steroid testing? Manny and Roach said they need at least a 5-day window and Mayweather gave them 14 days. Manny, Arum, and Roach are liars.

GBP and Mayweather are finalizing the deal right now. The fight will take place in May with Olympic style drug testing. SMM said he would take OSDT for the fight to take place.

A real hardcore fan would also know that Mosley was campaigning at 154lbs at the time and if you watch the video Mosley doesn't say he's not willing to fight Mayweather. Mosley talks about how his plans to drop back down to 147 wasn't until the next year. Also if Mayweather was really serious about moving up to welterweight he should take on Margarito, who was the man at ww at that time. Wasn't that a great fight between Margarito and Maywea... oh yah forgot Floydy didn't fight any of the elite welterweights.

So let's see here, Mayweather wanted a guy who was fighting at 154 to drop down in weight without time to adjust to it. It's funny how you Mayweather fans give Pacquiao crap about De La Hoya being "weight drained" when Mayweather was looking to try and do the same to Mosley. Floydy was unproven at welterweight and was calling out a guy two weight classes above him. It had no-win written all over it for Mosley... if Mayweather lost to him at that time then it's because Mosley's too big.. if Mayweather wins it's because Mosley's weight drained/over the hill etc. To put it into some perspective it would be like Marquez calling out Mayweather.. oops again.. forgot that Floyd accepted a fight from a guy two weight classes below him. Better example, it's like JuanMa Lopez calling out Marquez. JuanMa is a boxer on the verge of stardom but if JMM was to take that fight win or lose it still bodes badly for Marquez.

Mosley did the right thing at that time, passed a fight with a guy who was too small and unproven at ww. Unlike some people Mosley doesn't seem to purposely try to make people jump up in weight to fight him *cough*.

The fact of the matter is this: Mayweather has finally filled out as a true welterweight and there's not an excuse left for him in the world to not fight elite level welters. Who knows who Floydy's going to fight next but I won't rule out Mosley as unlikely as it may be. However, a couple weeks ago when talks were failing with Pacquiao it was Matthew Hatton. Then last week Floydy supposedly had his eyes on Cintron.. then earlier this week it was Saul Alvarez.
Do some research...

Mayweather wanted to fight Margarito, Cotto, and Hatton, but Arum only wanted to give him $8 million per fight. Mayweather and Arum confirmed this a while back. Do I believe an internet poster with no proof or I do believe Mayweather and his former promoter? Arum has nothing to gain by lying and saying Mayweather wanted to fight them.

He made the right decision by not fighting them at the time.

He made money without Arum, became a more popular boxer, and became his own boss.

Mayweather is fighting the #1 WW, most dangerous WW, #3 p4p, and the guy Manny was afraid of fighting at 147.

Manny should keep fighting weight drained, shot, and past prime boxers.

Mayweather and Mosley > Anyone Manny has fought in his last 5 fights.
mswift44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mosley, who said he unknowingly used two anabolic steroids and EPO prior to a 2003 fight with Oscar De La Hoya in Las Vegas, has agreed to the testing Mayweather requested. Both fighters will be subject to random blood and urine testing which will be administered to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Ar7l2u98JDqRm5RoO3F4O_SUxLYF?slug=ki-mosley012910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

guess Mosley has nothing to hide.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject:

mswift44 wrote:
Quote:
Mosley, who said he unknowingly used two anabolic steroids and EPO prior to a 2003 fight with Oscar De La Hoya in Las Vegas, has agreed to the testing Mayweather requested. Both fighters will be subject to random blood and urine testing which will be administered to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Ar7l2u98JDqRm5RoO3F4O_SUxLYF?slug=ki-mosley012910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

guess Mosley has nothing to hide.

And fake-ass warrior Manny does.
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born in Redlands,California but Reside in Houston,TX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject:

So its now confirmed......Manny Pu$$iao can't take a blood test, but the guy who he's scared to fight will......yeah.....I'ma go ahead and say it.....Pacquaio is a pu$$y
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject:

9-0-9 wrote:
So its now confirmed......Manny Pu$$iao can't take a blood test, but the guy who he's scared to fight will......yeah.....I'ma go ahead and say it.....Pacquaio is a pu$$y

lol easy tough guy. Mayweather hasn't fought Mosely yet. Mayweather been @ 147 for how many years and hasn't fought nobody yet. Pac been @ 147 and within a year he fights Cotto, who is tougher than Mosely. Mayweather imo will find an excuse to get out of this fight still. Broken hand in training camp, or something.

Truth is Excuse boy PUSSED out of the fight with Pac, Mayweather crew wanted to do the deal, Pac agreed to 14 days and Mayweather pussed out.
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Mighty funny how Floyd wanted 1 demand and Pacquiao couldn't take it, that being whatever stip he wanted.....notice how Mosley seems to be saying "Okay, whatever test I'ma do it"......mighty funny how a guy who's PROVEN to have taken PED's is accepting it....but a guy who's never tested postitive for anything refuses to but yet Mayweather will submit to all of Pacquiao's demands....
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject:

9-0-9 wrote:
Mighty funny how Floyd wanted 1 demand and Pacquiao couldn't take it, that being whatever stip he wanted.....notice how Mosley seems to be saying "Okay, whatever test I'ma do it"......mighty funny how a guy who's PROVEN to have taken PED's is accepting it....but a guy who's never tested postitive for anything refuses to but yet Mayweather will submit to all of Pacquiao's demands....

Can you explain to me why your hero hasn't fought anyone @ 147 ? He's a business man, he thinks he can beat Mosely to make more money, he fights Pacman and gets KO'ed he is screwed. Peer pressure from hardcore fans like me have been calling him out. Peer pressure, it's about time he MANS UP and fights Mosely. Mosely is at the end of his career he already signed. Mayweather hasn't signed yet. Don't get too excited yet, I"ll be convince when Mayweather steps in the ring with Mosely, still got 3 months for an EXCUSE
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Mayweather doesn't see a massive paycheck like he does now.....at the time when people wanted him to fight Mosley, it would've been a nice paycheck but he gave Mosley the same excuse that Mosley gave him the first go around....so now that you look back on everything, there is a bigger paycheck NOW because it's a fight that was held off until Mosley gets close to ending his career as a boxer....you guys make it like Floyd stayed 21 years old while everyone else aged.....Mosley got older, just like Floyd did....Floyd Mayweather, is a smart business man....everybody who he's fought.....has made their most money EVER fighting Floyd Mayweather.....FACT....Pacquiao would make his biggest draw EVER if he fought Floyd Mayweather.....Mosley is gonna make his biggest draw EVER.....with Floyd Mayweather.....FACT.....I'm willing to bet.....that once the fight happens(I'm 90% sure it will, regardless of if it's pushed back or not, it's gonna happen) and the numbers are released, your gonna go back and check Mosley's numbers and you'll happen to see that Mosley's biggest draw, will have come from his fight against the one....the only....Floyd Mayweather Jr....

Hate the man for his skill, hate him for his determination.....but don't however hate him for being smart enough to push the fight out to where it draws 2 or 3 times more then it would've 10 or so years ago
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Mbenga is HILARIOUS! Dude, you aren't saying ANYTHING! AT ALL! NOTHING! Can you at least bring SOMETHING to the table other than the weak "Man up" or "Floyd hasn't fought anyone" whining? MAN UP!
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject:

That's how Pu$$iao fans are.....that's all they do is whine
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject:

9-0-9 wrote:
Mayweather doesn't see a massive paycheck like he does now.....at the time when people wanted him to fight Mosley, it would've been a nice paycheck but he gave Mosley the same excuse that Mosley gave him the first go around....so now that you look back on everything, there is a bigger paycheck NOW because it's a fight that was held off until Mosley gets close to ending his career as a boxer....you guys make it like Floyd stayed 21 years old while everyone else aged.....Mosley got older, just like Floyd did....Floyd Mayweather, is a smart business man....everybody who he's fought.....has made their most money EVER fighting Floyd Mayweather.....FACT....Pacquiao would make his biggest draw EVER if he fought Floyd Mayweather.....Mosley is gonna make his biggest draw EVER.....with Floyd Mayweather.....FACT.....I'm willing to bet.....that once the fight happens(I'm 90% sure it will, regardless of if it's pushed back or not, it's gonna happen) and the numbers are released, your gonna go back and check Mosley's numbers and you'll happen to see that Mosley's biggest draw, will have come from his fight against the one....the only....Floyd Mayweather Jr....

Hate the man for his skill, hate him for his determination.....but don't however hate him for being smart enough to push the fight out to where it draws 2 or 3 times more then it would've 10 or so years ago

Mayweather has DUCKED contenders for too long. I never said he would get his ass kicked, I just want him to MAN UP and fight the best, I'm a boxing fan, I"ll call out anyone who are paper champs like RJJ and Mayweather. Boxing needs to see the best fight the best. If Boxing wants to compete with MMA, then Mayweather needs to MAN UP. Pacquaio has been carrying boxing since Dela Hoya retired.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject:

9-0-9 wrote:
That's how Pu$$iao fans are.....that's all they do is whine

9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
9-0-9 wrote:

Mayweather has DUCKED contenders for too long. I never said he would get his ass kicked, I just want him to MAN UP and fight the best, I'm a boxing fan, I"ll call out anyone who are paper champs like RJJ and Mayweather. Boxing needs to see the best fight the best. If Boxing wants to compete with MMA, then Mayweather needs to MAN UP. Pacquaio has been carrying boxing since Dela Hoya retired.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAQHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHA......pause.......AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHH
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Mbenga is HILARIOUS! Dude, you aren't saying ANYTHING! AT ALL! NOTHING! Can you at least bring SOMETHING to the table other than the weak "Man up" or "Floyd hasn't fought anyone" whining? MAN UP!

Pot calling the kettle black.....

Last edited by AutoShackMotorSports on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject:

9-0-9 wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
9-0-9 wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAQHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHA......pause.......AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHH

Got nothing to say ha sweet heart? For reals. Mayweather been retired, doing dancing with the stars, doing that stupid WWE show, Mayweather is a JOKE
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject:

9-0-9 wrote:

Mosley has NO CHOICE but to accept any of Floyd's demands, this is his ONLY payday (and has not had any for a while now) If Mosley doesn't accept this fight, he's got no one else to fight that would make him money like Floyd would

You're completely right, people DO watch Floyd but when the final figures come out (if and when the Pac-Floyd fight happens) Floyd will ALSO make the most money out of fighting Pac his whole career.

BTW people watch Floyd because people are hoping he gets his ass kicked and his mouth shut.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject:

AutoShackMotorSports wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Pot calling the kettle black.....

Naw I actually like LB, he's just mad @ me cuz I said he doesn't say anything in his other post. I do mess with him too much. I"ll take it easy on him, the guy always ends up self destructing which is fun to watch though
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Key word is hoping.....but sorry to disappoint you all......Mayweather wins out because he's THAT good
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject:

AutoShackMotorSports wrote:
9-0-9 wrote:

Mosley has NO CHOICE but to accept any of Floyd's demands, this is his ONLY payday (and has not had any for a while now) If Mosley doesn't accept this fight, he's got no one else to fight that would make him money like Floyd would

You're completely right, people DO watch Floyd but when the final figures come out (if and when the Pac-Floyd fight happens) Floyd will ALSO make the most money out of fighting Pac his whole career.

BTW people watch Floyd because people are hoping he gets his ass kicked and his mouth shut.

Yeah I'm sure he been ridiculed on the streets, everywhere he goes. I think everyone got tired of him ducking fights. He knows he needs to do something in his career, or he will always be looked at as a coward. I'm still not convinced though with his track record of him fighting Mosely in May
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 2 of 514
Jump to: