Your World Champion Los Angeles Lakers (The Official HOF Celebration Thread!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billstein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: I've been waiting for this moment for 7 years!

CommonGround24 wrote:
The Lakers have been apart of my life for the past 10 years. Words can't describe how special they are to me. Its something about this team..its something about Kobe that makes me devote so much of my life to. I'm pretty sure most of you can relate, but I can honestly say that the Lakers will always be apart of my life. It only took 7 years of hardship to get back to the top. What a journey it was. Back to back??? What do you guys think?

They do get in your blood! For me it goes back to the West, Chamberlain, Goodrich team. Man, that makes me sound old. I love this team. Always have, always will.

One thing that this thread reminds me of is how spoiled we've been by this organization. We talk about the pain of waiting 7 years or 12 years without a championship when many teams have never had one. Just shows what a fantastic job the FO KEEPS doing. When we lost West as GM it looked bad, but it's starting to look like Mitch has picked up right where Jerry left off.

It's good to be a Lakers fan!
Only this time, the Lakers fought back for Bryant. They fought with him. And when he wasn’t his best, they had Bryant’s back. Enough is enough, Kobe Bryant finally witnessed his teammates tell the Boston Celtics.

Enough is enough.
MAjic5ringz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject:

We have been spoiled and blessed to have a franchise as great as the Lakers organization where we hang nothing but championship banners. The journey as been long but I am so happy for KB getting this one. Yes I do believe we can get a repeat..depending on if we can get everyone back which I am confident we can
tiniyo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject:

I feel you man. I remember I was at the library right after the Lakers traded Shaq, browsing this site. Then some guy came up to me and asked: "laker fan?" I said yes. he said "sorry, they're never gonna be good again after trading Shaq" I was so sad. This championship more than makes up for everything.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject:

I've been a fan of the Lakers since i was 6 years old, so i've seen a lot of things happen in my time, I live in England so for pretty much my whole life i've been talking about how great the Lakers are to anyone who'll listen and they don't really understand, but now to be champions again, words can't describe how good that feels.

This team has been a huge part of who I am for 19 years now, so i've cried tears of sadness and tears of joy for them, and i just feel such a sense of vindication for every time we've stumbled or come up short.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject:

MAjic5ringz wrote:
We have been spoiled and blessed to have a franchise as great as the Lakers organization where we hang nothing but championship banners. The journey as been long but I am so happy for KB getting this one. Yes I do believe we can get a repeat..depending on if we can get everyone back which I am confident we can

I feel the same way. 7 years? Other than the Spurs, every other team in the NBA would kill to have that short a break. The Suns have been part of the NBA for 40 years and have only made the Finals twice. The Clippers, 38 years and never made it past the 2nd round. The Kings haven't been back to the Finals since Truman was in the White House.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject:

7 years hahahahahhahha, I wonder what a Milwaukee Buck fan would say if he read this thread, hahahhahahahahhahah..
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject:

oh what a Journey indeed, 7 long years mayne, 7 long freaking years!!! sleepless nights and all that whew!

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject:

I couldn't help it today. I woke up and belted "We Are the Champions." My dad sang the guitar part.
kimokeo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject:

long time lakers fan but new to the forum and I just want to say

I AM SO PROUD OF MY LAKERS!

LET'S TAKE THIS THING FOR ANOTHER 3 IN A ROW!
Uglymoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject:

What a journey for Kobe and Fish. Those two were the young pups being lead by the vets and leaders of the three peat team (Shaq, Shaw, Harper, Fox, Horry). Now, Kobe and Fisher, now playing the role grizzled veterans, have lead a team of young players of their own to the championship. It's amazing watching their growth over the years.
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: people (other than from LA) celebrate for the 2009 NBA champion

i hope we make it sticky. to share stories about lakers fan around the world celebrate the 2009 NBA champion.

saw it from clublakers

people from turkey http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2282/05449babva122439lo.jpg
and their video

(During the last seconds of the game)
(During the end game celebrations)
(And it's our special celebration lol)

just really appreciate how much our lakers are beloved by fans in other states and around the world

Last edited by chilake24 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Sounds better than the entire Staples Center crowd.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject:

That's pretty amazing.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Lol, they are pretty much more class than 40% of fans around Staple Center, who most of them are destroying stuff than celebrate it.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Much love to Laker Fans around the world !!!!!!!!!
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject:

wow, they went all out.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for sharing. It's awesome to see.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject:

ole, ole, ole, lakers! lakers! i love those soccer chants

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
tiniyo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Much love to Laker Fans around the world !!!!!!!!!
Fishlakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: "We Run L.A."

Oh Yeah!!! They need to play "We Run L.A." by Ya Boy during the parade for the 2009 Champion Los Angeles Lakers. Perfect Song to Jam too!

And of Course the title says it all it speaks the TRUTH!!!!! ''We Run L.A.!!!
Game 3 Victory in Denver . Mostly they were talking about Fisher's speech, the kind that might one day be put on T-shirts and repeated on the corner of 11th and Figueroa, words fit for a parade, his Lakers stepping into their destiny. L.A. Times 2009
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I heard that there's going to be a live performance of this
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Capehorn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

GOAT (rappers)

1 Tupac
2 Biggie
3 Big L
4 KOBE
5 Shaq

Tyra Banks since that performance.....
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Capehorn wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

GOAT (rappers)

1 Tupac
2 Biggie
3 Big L
4 KOBE
5 Shaq

Tyra Banks since that performance.....

I was with you 1-2... Rakim's gotta be up there. Mos is very underrated. Common too. They are just not as flashy or work with the best producer all the time.

One more note, I know I'll catch some heat for this... but Tyra is like fine wine that girl has gotten hotter with age. Vanessa is hot but I dont know how in the world Kobe passed on both Beyonce and Tyra. I take either one... (PM me, Tyra, B).
nmlakerfanforever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I've been waiting for this moment for 7 years!

billstein wrote:
CommonGround24 wrote:
The Lakers have been apart of my life for the past 10 years. Words can't describe how special they are to me. Its something about this team..its something about Kobe that makes me devote so much of my life to. I'm pretty sure most of you can relate, but I can honestly say that the Lakers will always be apart of my life. It only took 7 years of hardship to get back to the top. What a journey it was. Back to back??? What do you guys think?

They do get in your blood! For me it goes back to the West, Chamberlain, Goodrich team. Man, that makes me sound old. I love this team. Always have, always will.

One thing that this thread reminds me of is how spoiled we've been by this organization. We talk about the pain of waiting 7 years or 12 years without a championship when many teams have never had one. Just shows what a fantastic job the FO KEEPS doing. When we lost West as GM it looked bad, but it's starting to look like Mitch has picked up right where Jerry left off.

It's good to be a Lakers fan!

I saw them play in person for the first time in 1964, so I go back to the days of West, Baylor, LaRusso, etc. Yes we have been spoiled by this team and organization. We should really cherish every moment of greatness that we witness. Hopefully, the ownership will keep the ball rolling for a long time. This years team is really special to me and I know for other fans. I don't know why, but as I watched the parade today, I burst into tears of joy, and felt the happiness that the team was experiencing. Reading the posts here just keeps the good feeling going and shows me the fans are as special as the team itself. I was truly moved by wealthy supporters of the team picking up the tab for the parade. I wonder if that would have happened anywhere else. Bottom line is I can't see them not being a part of my life either. I LOVE LA!!!! and the Lakers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15
Jump to: