***LAKERS -vs- MAGIC 6/7 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject:

LO had a huge game -

Staples was pretty loud tonight, but had to exhale at the end of regulation.

Great game to be at -
danish87
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject:

what an awesome game - if the refs didnt bail us out at the end there in the 4th, i might have punched a hole through my TV since before that, the REFS ARE SO DAMN BIASED, my head almost explodes.

i'm already shuddering about what the games are going to be called like in Orlando. (bleep) steve javie, i thought he was a decent ref until tonight
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Interesting note: Today is the 14th anniversary of Nick Anderson's FTs. Courtney Lee is the new Nick Anderson?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

it would have gotten us a good look. odom AND ariza were WIIIIIIIIDDDEEEEEE OPEN on that play. kobe just made a bad decision with the ball and hedo made a great play (though dwight howard probably would have blocked that shot anyways).

I don't like wasting 6 or 7 of the 9 seconds bringing the ball up the court. It doesn't leave much time to make a move or a 2nd pass, by the time Kobe took the shot there wasn't time to pass it to anyone else and get the shot off.

there was about 2.5 seconds left on the clock when bryant put up his shot. that is plenty of time to pass the ball to an open player and the player to shoot. watching the replay right now, kobe had a choice of 3 players, ariza at the top of the arc, odom in the corner, or fisher in the other corner. heck, he could have put up a lob to pau being guarded by lee as well.

just a tough decision for kobe that was dead wrong in hindsight. odom was red hot and fisher has a history of hitting big shots himself, though, so kobe probably should have passed. ah well, easy to say from my comfortable couch.
Trajan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

What a game. It was one of those games that brought out different emotions out of me but every Laker game that's close from start to finish does that. Really proud of the way the guys took control of the game in OT. I thought Odom again was the key to the victory. Coincidence or what? 4 straight games he's played well. 4 straight victories. Those two clutch free throws were huge.

Up 2-0 baby. Now the Magic are going to play their best game on Tuesday. We'll see how the best road team in the NBA responds.
mingsterlbc
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject:

go Lakers it was a scary one tonite, i was sh****g my pants!
Drew Bynum#17
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject:

Amazing victory thanks to our Big 3(Kobe, Gasol & LO). We have the good LO in this Finals, and that´s crucial to our victory. Thank God

In that 3-point play by Gasol in the last minute, I celebrate it like there aren´t no tomorrow.

Now we will calmly play at Orlando, and try to get a victory. Only they have the pressure.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Interesting note: Today is the 14th anniversary of Nick Anderson's FTs. Courtney Lee is the new Nick Anderson?

Courtney Lee and two others missed 5 straight free throws in one stretch. That spirit of Nick Anderson is alive and well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126
Page 126 of 126
Jump to: