***LAKERS @ PISTONS Game Thread 3/26 (Post Game Quotes P.35)***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic :: View next topic  
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Phil Jackson Post-Game Interview:

-Tried to be consistent with the ball and tried to stay more compact in what we were trying to do. Shortened the rotation in the 2nd half so we didn't have so many guys in there that were not starters.

-(Q: The team has not won in Detroit since 2002, was that something they think about?) A: You know whether you've won or not, that's a part of what you do. I have some Alzheimer's and amnesia but it's not that bad yet. We know what we've done and we know the types of games that we've lost here. But they came in, they had dedication, they wanted to do the right thing. You know, we're not going to take a whole lot from this game, Wallace, Hamilton and Iverson, they weren't here, we know they're short handed and we should win this game because of the talent that we have.

-(Q: Anything you were disappointed about? You seemed to straighten out the ship in the 2nd half.) A: Will Bynum still had a career game for himself and he played exceptionally well. But I thought we did better things and offensively we stepped it up a little bit.

-(Q: Regarding Kobe's play) A: He played well, it kind of helped him get back in there with the 2nd unit so that he could kind of steer the course a little bit for them and he did the job.

-(Q: What was the key to that 20-0 run?) A: Well, a lot of it was about breaks, we got some offensive breaks and opportunities down the court in the open floor.

-(Q: Points in the paint got better in the 2nd half, was that something you put emphasis on?) A: Well we talked about... that you can't settle for jump shots. We did that to start the 3rd quarter and we went down by 10 points, I called a timeout and said you know, it's not going to get the game won by settling for jump shots. You have to get penetration back which is the first priority for the offense.

Last edited by k4lakers on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject:

This isn't even that uncommon.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject:

kobe_fan4life: IIRC you were looking forward to Row 8 behind the Lakers bench. How was the view???
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm so glad that we finally won at the Palace.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Sasha Vujacic Interview:

-(Q: You had not won as a Laker in this building, was that in the back of your mind as you took the court tonight?) A: It was a little bit, Coach was talking about that at the shoot-around today, that we haven't won since 2004 so it was exciting coming to the game. In the first half, we didn't play as smart as we know how to play but the 2nd half we came out there and we wanted to win.

(Q: Very weird game. 1st Qtr you dominated and the 2nd was the worst you've played all year, what changed after halftime?) A: Bench mob stepped up, I think in the 2nd Qtr we came out a bit lacking, we didn't play up to our level and they took advantage of it. They hit some important shots, at the half we talked about it and we just wanted to lock them down on defense and that's what we did.

(Q: 3 games down and 4 to go in this roadtrip. What's a successful road trip in your mind? A: You've got to be as close to perfection as you can be and I think we are capable of winning all 7 games. We just have to be smart and play the next one in New Jersey the right way.
Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject:

thanks k4lakers!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
Phil Jackson Post-Game Interview:

-Tried to be consistent with the ball and tried to stay more compact in what we were trying to do. Shortened the rotation in the 2nd half so we didn't have so many guys in there that were not starters.

Key adjustment.

Thanks k4lakers!
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton Interview:

-(Q: Regarding the Lakers defensive performance) A: We played better defense. In the 2nd Qtr., we were getting good looks, we just weren't knocking them down and then we gave a home, young team with a couple of their vets that weren't playing tonight a lot of momentum and they ran with that, so in the 2nd half we did a great job of not letting that momentum carry over and we shut them down... I think they had 13 pts. in the 3rd Qtr. and from there we were sharper and we made plays from there on out.

-(Q: (Minus the 2nd Qtr.) the team defense was the best it's looked all year. Is that because you're getting better or because they were missing 3 of their starters?) A: I think that obviously them missing starters, they're not going to have the same fire power, especially the type of starters they're missing but I think our defense is definitely getting better. I think in Chicago in the 2nd half, we stepped it up and Oklahoma City pretty much the whole game we were playing solid D and tonight besides that 2nd Qtr. we did a good job. It's always tough to win on the road in the NBA so with or without the other teams starters I think we're doing a good job.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Kwame joins the Pistons and they become a piss poor team. Coincidence?
onepinoyboy8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:

even if kwame didnt join the pistons they would still be a poor team, that iverson trade killed them....
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
thanks k4lakers!
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:

They were 4-0, looking like they were on there way to another 50+ win season and a top 3 seed in the east until Billups left town and Iverson showed up.
kobe_fan4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
kobe_fan4life: IIRC you were looking forward to Row 8 behind the Lakers bench. How was the view???

great got good pics, but don't have my USB cord with me. I'm staying the night in Detroit and will be going back home tomorrow.

Best night of my life!!!!
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:

They were 4-0, looking like they were on there way to another 50+ win season and a top 3 seed in the east until Billups left town and Iverson showed up.

Moral of the story:

Iverson = overrated stad padder.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject:

some +/- numbers

stuckey: -31
prince: -37
kwame: -19

wow
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject:

kobe_fan4life wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

great got good pics, but don't have my USB cord with me. I'm staying the night in Detroit and will be going back home tomorrow.

Best night of my life!!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35
Jump to: