PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Still testing the profanity filter:

(bleep) piss (bleep) mother (bleep)
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

doven wrote:
I also didn't feel bad about the loss. I didn't laugh either though.

I'm more worried about how the 2nd unit played.

P.S. another 7!. 7 game home winning streak broken. Why can't we get pass that mysterious number 7

coz we only need to win 4 out of every 7 games.. :/
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phil Jackson Interview:

-I don't know if Trevor fully understood when I said we have a foul to use because he didn't use it. We don't like on a catch and shoot to use a foul obviously if you'd send a guy to the foul line in that situation, but when Iguodala handled the ball and took his time, that was the time to use it.

-We're disappointed in the way we played the game. I told the team we had to work real hard to lose that game... we found a way to do it though.

-(On not getting the ball to Pau in the 2nd half) That seems to be kind of our history with Pau. We're very intent on getting the ball inside to him early in the game, the 2nd half usually we don't, but all that being said, I like the way we played the third quarter, we had good defense and shut them down when Kobe got in foul trouble and played a smart game. But we just didn't handle the situation, our kids came in and let that defense get slack.

-We had a substantial lead at 24-14. My first substitution put them right back in the ball game again and 6 straight points to end the quarter. We're just not coming out and really attacking and playing aggressive in a substitution role and it's now become prevalent and it's become an issue.

-It's about the defense and turning the ball over, those are the important things that we have to remember.

-Took Kobe some time to get going and during that time we lost momentum and the lead.
Sytze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm over it, a loss is a loss. Let's win the upcoming games and win the trophy.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Farmar:

-(Thoughts on the last play) I think he had isolation at the top and in that situation you never know when he's going to decide when to pull so you don't want to just foul in that situation and I think that's what Trevor was thinking. Fouling them early and making them re-set it and take it out again, but once he squared up you never know what the refs might call in the act of shooting so that was a tough situation, he got a hand up, he made a tough shot, I give him credit.

-(Why giving up the big leads?) I'm not sure. We're not playing with the same intensity with the unit coming off the bench. We're just not clicking right now and other teams are running and getting momentum and it's just beginning to spiral for us. We just have to find a way to come together, keep our intensity, keep on the same page and make it work.

-(Bench in a funk?) I'm not sure. I don't think it's anything major, I think it's the little things, just a step here and there, helping each other defensively, making that extra pass, being un-selfish, playing with a purpose. It's just not there right now. We'll get it back, we have a very talented deep squad and we'll be fine.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
FBP Si 2000 wrote:
Agreed...but it's just the type of loss. Hopefully it'll refocus t hem.

A general comment, but the next time there's a loss and the majority of fans say, "I can accept this loss", will be the first.

There is no type of loss that is acceptable for most people. It's ok, Lakers will bounce back. After a few wins, maybe even a couple blowout wins, this loss will be minimized to it's rightful level. One regular season loss out of 14.

Not to say that it's meaningless, there are some bad habits the team has developed, but nothing that wasn't known before this game.

Yeah I'm mad as hell tonight but a Lakers win in the Rose Garden would be just about as unexpected as this loss was. I hope to forget this game with the next win.

The starting 5 looked so good at the start, but it almost looked like it took the wind out of them watching how fast the second unit could squander that lead.

I hope Drew's return can shake the rotation up just a bit and change what ails our bench right now.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol Interview:

-We should have fouled him before he shot the 3-pointer or force them to make an extra pass, but he was isolated and he made a tough shot obviously but hopefully we'll learn from it and not make that mistake again.

-(Why giving up leads?) Consistency in our offense and defensively as well. We gave up a couple of second chance points that we shouldn't have, turned the ball over way too much, we weren't sharp enough.

-(Bounce back vs. Golden State?) Right away, we can't afford any setbacks at all. We need to bounce back and need to come out extremely hard on Thursday and be ready for that long road trip, but obviously it starts on Thursday.

-(On a personal note, great game for you) I'm feeling pretty confident out there, I have good rhythm, I have good legs, things are falling for me and I wish I could get a couple more looks here and there.
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Horrible, stupid loss. Despite the fact Iguodala shut Kobe down this one could have still been avoided. Sucks to let Cleveland pull ahead by losing to a 13-17 road team at home.
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Only the Lakers can get beat in this fashion. Never fails.
TheHorryShot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one that realizes that the Sixers were beat with the ugly stick? Between Iguadala, Dalembert, Evans, and Marshall, I mean, good lord. Don't get me wrong--Trevor and Jordan won't be winning first prize in a beauty contest anytime soon, but the Sixers as a whole are some damm ugly mother-effers.
abciximab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
But we just didn't handle the situation, our kids came in and let that defense get slack.

our kids...lol

thanks for transcribing the interviews k4lakers.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject:

SQUAD UP wrote:
Only the Lakers can get beat in this fashion. Never fails.

Because it's in the other 29 teams' scouting reports that we fritter away leads like nobody's biz.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
Jordan Farmar:

-(Bench in a funk?) I'm not sure. I don't think it's anything major, I think it's the little things, just a step here and there, helping each other defensively, making that extra pass, being un-selfish, playing with a purpose. It's just not there right now. We'll get it back, we have a very talented deep squad and we'll be fine.

It's been the primary reason why Gasol has had to log so many minutes in blowouts and also the reason why huge leads continue to vanish in the second and fourth quarters. It's definitely major.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Hate to say it but Kobe should have guarded Iggy on that last possesion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36
Jump to: