Coming to LA in a few weeks

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Coming to LA in a few weeks

Me and 2 friends are coming to LA in a few weeks for the Knicks and T Wolves games. This will be our 1st time in LA. Were coming from Ohio. We have our plane tickets and game tickets already, but were looking for a hotel. Were looking somewhere within walking distance since we cant rent a car. Pretty much the hotel quality doesnt matter too much, were just looking for a place in a good enough neighborhood where we can walk the streets safely. And somewhere close to Staples so we dont need to take a cab. Any help would be appreciated.
Camaro383ci
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject:

LOL

well, Staples Center isnt in the best area, its downtown, there are a few nice hotels close by, but if youre on a budget, youre not going to get anything both close by and a nice enough area to walk around... so either pay for some of the better hotels nearby, like the Omni, Sheraton, the Standard.

I searched a bit for you.. Ritz Milner Hotel is close by, not too expensive, just dont wonder too far south or too far east later in the day

good luck
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject:

Hey Dsimone1027,

As Camaro stated, Downtown LA isn't exactly the greatest or safest place in LA. There are some nice hotels but they are definitely on the pricey end.

Is there really no way you can rent a car? It's quite horrible getting around LA without one and with one there's just so much more to see and experience. If you can, then I'd suggest staying on the outskirts of LA maybe even the valley in a nicer area but at a cheaper hotel with a rental car. IMO you'd be much better off.

Otherwise, I can recommend the two hotels I've stayed at in Downtown... The Standard and the Westin Bonaventure... neither are considered "budget" but they offer a lot and are centrally located in DLA. Both of them have a decent bar for r&r.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: