Game Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Just ask him, Pierce is The Truth after all.

On the superhero game, give me Magneto at anchor, so much for the hoop.
Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I remember reading a story about Dennis Rodman spending his summers in college castrating bulls. The rest of the team would spend their offseason patrying, Dennis went back to the farm and busted his ass all summer long.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject:

TIME wrote:
Interesting. That was after the year jamas picked. Rodman was a stud. However, you cut that quote from PJ off too soon. He went on to say...

"Of course, as terrific an athlete that Dennis was, I have to mention that there is one man that even Dennis could not possbily check. Paul Pierce. He is simply the one unguardable man in the history of basketball."

phil also wrote in a book once that kobe was uncoachable. So if you want to keep your rodman quote. i get to keep this quote.
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
TIME wrote:
Interesting. That was after the year jamas picked. Rodman was a stud. However, you cut that quote from PJ off too soon. He went on to say...

"Of course, as terrific an athlete that Dennis was, I have to mention that there is one man that even Dennis could not possbily check. Paul Pierce. He is simply the one unguardable man in the history of basketball."

phil also wrote in a book once that kobe was uncoachable. So if you want to keep your rodman quote. i get to keep this quote.

See, you've missed the main point in your comparison. Kobe was uncoachable, but he grew up and changed. Now, Phil says that he is very coachable. The Rodman quote is not subject to change because it is frozen in time. We are not talking about how athletic Rodman is today, but how athletic he really was in the year Sweden chose for him. The point is that Phil Jackson considered him to be a PHENOM as an athlete. Now, who we gonna believe, you or PJ?
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the coaches are pretty much in agreement on the matchups that are in.

down goes Paul Pierce!!! Our long national nightmare is over.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: