7/13 Lakers vs Grizzlies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:
lilmomo wrote:
I guess the Lakers are trying to showcase Coby Karl. He's getting more minutes than he deserve and all he does is chuck the ball everytime he touches it. Frankly I am tired of us not giving guys who have defensive potentials the chance to shine.

The way I am watching this summer league is for players who are good defensively. I didn't pay much attention to him in the first game, because I was looking at how good of a defensive player Crawford is, but Dwayne Mitchell is a very good defensive player. At first I thought maybe it was because he was guarding Mayo that was why he was trying, but the guy is solid, especially that steal on Mayo was NOICE. He's 26 so I doubt he has anymore upside, can't really shoot the ball and is more of a slasher, but the guy can play defense. If it was up to me personally, I'd give him and crawford more time and see how they do defensively. We don't need anymore three point chuckers.

Crawford is a pretty good defender as well, not as good as Mitchell but he can hold his own, and has a pretty nice stroke, it will be a shame for him not to at least get a camp invite.

bingo. im sick and tired of all these white players getting all the playing time on the Lakers squad in both the summer league and nba just cuz they "know the offense." what a bunch of bull (bleep).
Luke walton, chris mihm...

What does the color of their skins have to do with anything?
D Nice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject:

I miss Crit.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject:

Ares24 wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
lilmomo wrote:
I guess the Lakers are trying to showcase Coby Karl. He's getting more minutes than he deserve and all he does is chuck the ball everytime he touches it. Frankly I am tired of us not giving guys who have defensive potentials the chance to shine.

The way I am watching this summer league is for players who are good defensively. I didn't pay much attention to him in the first game, because I was looking at how good of a defensive player Crawford is, but Dwayne Mitchell is a very good defensive player. At first I thought maybe it was because he was guarding Mayo that was why he was trying, but the guy is solid, especially that steal on Mayo was NOICE. He's 26 so I doubt he has anymore upside, can't really shoot the ball and is more of a slasher, but the guy can play defense. If it was up to me personally, I'd give him and crawford more time and see how they do defensively. We don't need anymore three point chuckers.

Crawford is a pretty good defender as well, not as good as Mitchell but he can hold his own, and has a pretty nice stroke, it will be a shame for him not to at least get a camp invite.

bingo. im sick and tired of all these white players getting all the playing time on the Lakers squad in both the summer league and nba just cuz they "know the offense." what a bunch of bull (bleep).

it might just be a coincidence but there seems to be a trend of them getting more opportunities to play than others. whatever im just pissed with being stuck with luke walton and radmonovic. i dont wanna make this a race thing, just forget what i said/wrote; it was a mistake
D Nice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:
Ares24 wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
lilmomo wrote:

it might just be a coincidence but there seems to be a trend of them getting more opportunities to play than others. whatever im just pissed with being stuck with luke walton and radmonovic. i dont wanna make this a race thing, just forget what i said/wrote; it was a mistake
You had the right idea, just poor word choice. Switch "white" with "unathletic," and I'm with you 100%.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:
Ares24 wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
lilmomo wrote:

Bravo! A youngster on the board who can actually retract something he's said when he realizes it didn't come out well. Kudos. Seriously.
LakersFTW
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject:

didn't know any lessons in life could've been learned on LG
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Mick3ns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject:

For some reason, I really like Bozeman. I'm pretty sure he will not even come close to making the team, but I like his toughness. Thing is, what exactly does he bring to the table that Ariza doesn't? Same with Crawford. Do we really need another slashing forward/guard with a minimal mid-range game?
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Mick3ns wrote:
For some reason, I really like Bozeman. I'm pretty sure he will not even come close to making the team, but I like his toughness. Thing is, what exactly does he bring to the table that Ariza doesn't? Same with Crawford. Do we really need another slashing forward/guard with a minimal mid-range game?

That's exactly what the Lakers need on the perimeter, another guard who can put the ball on the floor and break the defense down. Currently, only Kobe can put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. Farmar can do it on occasion, or in transition, but by no means does he put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop at will. A combo guard would be a good fit for this squad. In fact I think the only two things the lakers need is a combo guard who can stay in front of his man on d, and a tough veteran center who d's up and boards.

That said, I'm not sure Crawford is that guy. As for defense, Mitchell was doing a decent job yesterday. I'd like to see him play a few more minutes.
AllStarLaker
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know when Sun Yue will come to camp? Is he coming this year?
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Crawford has a great mid-range game, and defender. He's always in control, and goes to the line a lot. I am not sure his 3pt shot will be great in the NBA. Crawford is definitely a power guard, a lot like Ed Gray from years ago for the west coast people, with a much better defensive talent.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject:

All I know is that the arguably the worst team in Vegas just beat arguably 3/5 of Memphis' starting lineup.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LakersFTW
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject:

that's the difference between the two teams

everyone is fighting their hardest to make the Lakers team
if you can dribble a ball, you're on the Grizzlies roster..if you can shoot, you're a starter
Mick3ns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject:

lol

I also gotta give Coby Karl props for outplaying OJ Mayo

I mean, we all know OJ will be a very good player, but still, LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: