The Goodbye Ronny Turiaf Thread (ESPN - LA Doesn't Match, Turiaf a Warrior, p. 47)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

Quote:
The Jazz contacted agent Mark Bartelstein about L.A. Lakers forward Ronny Turiaf

Bartelstein added that he was planning to talk with O'Connor later Tuesday.

LINK

Please overpay him Connor.. you will be my hero.. goodbye Ronny.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject:

What is interesting is that the Lakers are supposed to have talks with Posey and Barry, but no interior option is mentioned if Turiaf leaves. There are two things that I don't want to see....

1. They bench Odom, and have him split PF time with Gasol so Pau can backup center.

2. They think that Mihm/Mbenga is enough at center, and hope that using Lamar for a few minutes and Vlad depending on the matchup will be enough inside.

Hopefully the wheels get in motion for something to happen so the Lakers can move on.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject:

I think if they get a big-man it will in a minor trade... someone like Malik Rose.
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
What is interesting is that the Lakers are supposed to have talks with Posey and Barry, but no interior option is mentioned if Turiaf leaves. There are two things that I don't want to see....

1. They bench Odom, and have him split PF time with Gasol so Pau can backup center.

2. They think that Mihm/Mbenga is enough at center, and hope that using Lamar for a few minutes and Vlad depending on the matchup will be enough inside.

Hopefully the wheels get in motion for something to happen so the Lakers can move on.

There is a FA big guy named Kwame Brown somewhere out there
LA_UNION
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
I think if they get a big-man it will in a minor trade... someone like Malik Rose.

Malik Rose, how old is he, a big man?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject:

I'd be all for Rose for Luke or Vlad, but wouldn't be happy at all with him getting rotation time at PF. Hopefully Ariza would play well enough to allow Lamar to play more PF, but I still don't like benching Lamar to start. Also, am I nuts or didn't Lamar condition himself to play SF (slim down a bit) to start the season? Wonder what he would do if he knew he was going to spend about 17 minutes at each spot each game?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

I'm not saying there aren't options, I'm saying it is suprising that they're making it public that they have options if Sasha leaves, but not if Turiaf does. On paper, I like what Brown brings as a backup center, but it is hard for me to imagine him coming back. Someone will give him 2-3M to be a big body inside.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:

Well that guy smells bad. I'm not sure if Phil can handle him hes not about to bring a mental case on this team when we need to get rid of Odom and Vlad.
Nick's name
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

Ronny is fun to watch on the bench with all of his towel waving and all. But on the court, he just needs to control his emotions. If he does transfer to another team... then i wish him all the luck
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
George W Buss wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

I'm not saying there aren't options, I'm saying it is suprising that they're making it public that they have options if Sasha leaves, but not if Turiaf does. On paper, I like what Brown brings as a backup center, but it is hard for me to imagine him coming back. Someone will give him 2-3M to be a big body inside.

Actually the reason why I put his name is because I somehow feel that Kwame will be back. Phil loves him.
He was severely overpaid and was forced to play as a starter.
But he will be a servicable back-up centre behind Andrew Bynum.
And if we need to guard big men like KG, Duncan, Amare, etc., he will be very valuable unlike Turiaf.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject:

Phil has never loved Kwame and I think the management doesn't like him anymore either. the game he displayed against the Suns was his final visit to Staples and I told people that after we lost. the door has been shut.
liltinybus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Phil has never loved Kwame and I think the management doesn't like him anymore either. the game he displayed against the Suns was his final visit to Staples and I told people that after we lost. the door has been shut.

No offense, but I think that's all pretty much your conjecture. From what I remember, Phil had a soft spot for Kwame, even though I'm sure at times he was frustrated with him. Bottom line is, nobody here just short of any insiders know whether any door has been shut or not on Kwame, and if healthy (which he wasn't all year last year) he could be a serviceable backup.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject:

Tinybus... you also have to factor in.. will he want to be back after he witnessed half of the Laker crowd booing like a midnight hour of a forest when ghosts boo at there own curiosity?
liltinybus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject:

I don't think that would be too big a factor in his decision. If he were to come back, I would think his comfort level with the team, coaches, staff, living in L.A. etc.,etc., would outweigh one time when the fans booed him. His bigger concern if he really wanted to come back, should be proving he can play at the level he did before his ankle injury. That's assuming he does want to come back.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject:

I rather get Gadz.. from the Bucks swap a bad contract and get another bad 1 back but at least you will have less SFs.
spickx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject:

I like rose when he was with the spurs he was basically kurt thomas with 20ft jumper.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject:

spickx wrote:
I like rose when he was with the spurs he was basically kurt thomas with 20ft jumper.

Speaking of Kurt Thomas, that's a player I'd like us to pursue.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
I rather get Gadz.. from the Bucks swap a bad contract and get another bad 1 back but at least you will have less SFs.

I watched him play at UCLA a lot. He has good hands but no offensive moves. That puts him 1 up on Kwame.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:

i actually like that. or we could test the cavs interest in a vlad for joe smith swap. although vlad has his moments, we trim off some redundancy at his position. but getting gadz for 1 of our SFs works fine w/ me.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
JD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Tinybus... you also have to factor in.. will he want to be back after he witnessed half of the Laker crowd booing like a midnight hour of a forest when ghosts boo at there own curiosity?

What?
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:
The Jazz contacted agent Mark Bartelstein about L.A. Lakers forward Ronny Turiaf

LINK

Ronny is the loylal type, the Lakers took care of him when he was in need, he better take care of the lakers now. And this message is for the Jazz, "Get away from ROnny darn it!!!!!"
Magics80sLakersGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject:

LA_UNION wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

Malik Rose, how old is he, a big man?

He's done.

If all we need is 10/10 at C, we don't even need bynum cos Mihm can pull that down.

Magics80sLakersGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
George W Buss wrote:

Well that guy smells bad. I'm not sure if Phil can handle him hes not about to bring a mental case on this team when we need to get rid of Odom and Vlad.

Your not sure Phil can handle him? Phil already handled him once, why not again?

Odom and Vlad are mental cases?

What a strange post.

If all we need is 10/10 at C, we don't even need bynum cos Mihm can pull that down.

Magics80sLakersGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:

Another very strange post.

ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

LakersMDGurl wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Ronny is the loylal type, the Lakers took care of him when he was in need, he better take care of the lakers now. And this message is for the Jazz, "Get away from ROnny darn it!!!!!"

Yeah I agree. I can personally relate to Ronny because I had the same diagnosis as him and had the same operation done to me. It would actually be sad to me to see that guy go, but yeah this is a title contender, and his best friend Kobe's here so I would hope it all works out.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 1 of 60
Jump to: