Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Our bench is overrated.

So they haven't helped us win the games that we thought they helped us win? Or are you basing that on garbage time of a blowout?

Miles and Milsap single handedly destroyed our bench tonight. Ronnie Price outshot Farmar.

So you are basing it on garbage time of a blowout win. Consider this, the 4th quarter had no meaning tonight.

It showed me that our bench has weaknesses. Lazy passes, which were picked by "overplayed" defense.

Paul Milsap just abused Kwame and he even had a few against Bynum. Just used his length and high IQ. I'd like a player like that on the Lakers. Did you see when Turiaf tried to block his shot under the hoop? He used his length and off-hand to get a clean look and even drew the foul.

CJ Miles just exploded on offense, nearly having a poster on Vladimir. I think he has potential in the second unit of this team. He gets up and down real quick (in transition) and he can finish. He was scouted as a sharp shooter, but he's got "dunk contest" type altheticism.

Also saw why Crittenton is better than Farmar tonight.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Great win tonight!!! The only thing people should bltch about is MAYBE the missed FT's, but other than that LOVED the effort on both sides of the court. We bring this Sunday and we'll be ending 07 on a high note.

w"s are king. Nothing to complain about. we dominated them with theirs guys in tow. next.

The lakers will get prince.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject:

That was an awesome win.

Great defense.

Great ball movement.

Great revenge on them booing Fisher.
oneofthesedays11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Wow VladRad is completely useless out there. He's been out of sync for nearly 2-3 weeks now. It's just embarrassing how badly he is playing. Something must be seriously wrong with the guy either physically or mentally. He is an absolute shell of the player we saw in the beginning of the season.

Anyways, horrid 4th quarter but overall good game. I think this game should tell Phil that taking out the entire starting unit and subbing in the 2nd unit is not a good idea. They have blown leads in nearly 3 straight games, we were lucky tonight that we were up by 30+ pts.

The 2nd unit should be

PG: Farmar
SG: Sasha
SF: Luke
PF: Turiaf
C: Kwame

Even if they don't score a lot of points, defensively they should be good enough to keep the lead where it's at. Radman should not play a single minute until he proves he is worthy of being in the NBA. Right now he wouldn't even be good on a D-League team.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject:

This question is OT, but this seemed a better place than any to ask it. Is a curfew normal of Jr. High Schoolers in this day and age? And what is considered an adequate allowance. Thanx fellas....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
oneofthesedays11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Our bench is overrated.

So they haven't helped us win the games that we thought they helped us win? Or are you basing that on garbage time of a blowout?

Miles and Milsap single handedly destroyed our bench tonight. Ronnie Price outshot Farmar.

So you are basing it on garbage time of a blowout win. Consider this, the 4th quarter had no meaning tonight.

It showed me that our bench has weaknesses. Lazy passes, which were picked by "overplayed" defense.

Paul Milsap just abused Kwame and he even had a few against Bynum. Just used his length and high IQ. I'd like a player like that on the Lakers. Did you see when Turiaf tried to block his shot under the hoop? He used his length and off-hand to get a clean look and even drew the foul.

CJ Miles just exploded on offense, nearly having a poster on Vladimir. I think he has potential in the second unit of this team. He gets up and down real quick (in transition) and he can finish. He was scouted as a sharp shooter, but he's got "dunk contest" type altheticism.

Also saw why Crittenton is better than Farmar tonight.

To be fair that Jazz 2nd unit was playing their hearts out for their coach so they wouldn't be embarrassed with a 30 pt loss. The Laker bench was not playing with any real sense of urgency. Still, no good excuse for the bench nearly blowing a 30 pt lead.
RipCityRobert
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Wow, looks like total domination...way to go, you guys are on a roll, and Rip City preciates the assist tonight!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject:

It wasn't the Jazz second unit. Collins did his thing, as did Price. It was Milsap and Miles that impressed me. I could see both significantly improving the Lakers bench.
oneofthesedays11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
It wasn't the Jazz second unit. Collins did his thing, as did Price. It was Milsap and Miles that impressed me. I could see both significantly improving the Lakers bench.

Uh yea no sh!t man. I could see Tim Duncan and Tony Parker significantly improving our bench too but it ain't gonna happen. The problem with the 2nd unit is that there is nobody to really run the offense. Everyone is standing on the perimeter and Turiaf is too small to run inside-out game. That's why it's not really a good idea to do whole-sale substitutions, no team in the NBA really does that.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject:

RipCityRobert wrote:
Wow, looks like total domination...way to go, you guys are on a roll, and Rip City preciates the assist tonight!

What's the over/under on your winning streak?
RipCityRobert
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
RipCityRobert wrote:

Hey W, don't know, but don't wake me up yet! Hopefully at least the next 2 before a more realistic realm returns...we've had it good with the schedule. It's been an amazing few weeks watching my boys during the streak, AND the Lakers making a statement to the NBA.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject:

They should have just waived space cadet during his ski accident he is definitely worthless at this time and big detrimental to the team.

"If you are a LAKER FAN, you are LAKERS FOR LIFE" - Doc Buss

- NBA BIAS
Ray_Gonzoles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Utah replay @ 11:00 pm FSPT.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject:

RipCityRobert wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
RipCityRobert wrote:

Hey W, don't know, but don't wake me up yet! Hopefully at least the next 2 before a more realistic realm returns...we've had it good with the schedule. It's been an amazing few weeks watching my boys during the streak, AND the Lakers making a statement to the NBA.

Tough break tonight though. If Golden State had held on against Denver, you guys would be #1 in your division (and #4 in the Western Conference)!

Hmm, aren't the Blazers and Lakers the two youngest teams in the league? Not bad... you guys are 12-0, we're 10-2 over the last 12. Too bad we don't play each other until the end of February.
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject:

Let me know if ANYONE is selling Boston tickets (doubtful of course), but nonetheless, hit me up on PM if you are/doing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:

I think Utah had too many Brewers and Boozers during the game.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
I think Utah had too many Brewers and Boozers during the game.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40
Jump to: